Monday, November 2, 2009

Hodge. Podge.

I have had blogger's block for awhile...so I thought I would just attempt at writing and maybe things will come. Just like college essays. Ha.

We traveled to the great northwest with our friends Todd and Michelle to go see the Hawgs. Great game. Great food. Great road trip. Great people watching since it was Halloween. Great times. (Can someone tell me how to get pics from email to blog, please?)

We got to go see our friends Donny and Becky for lunch and a relaxing afternoon last Sunday. The weather was great. Beck cooked us a great meal. It was just good all-around to catch up with them!

Cade had Math Olympics last week and Spelling Bee this week. He placed 1st and 2nd, respectively in those events. It was fun to watch the Bee today. His class is so funny, I just love to be around them and remember what it was like to be that age.

Eli will be wrapping up soccer this week!

Christmas is only 7 weeks and 3 days away. Haven't bought one gift. Trying to get in the mood for it this year.

Oh, this sunshine!!!!!!!!! It is supposed to last for about another week!!!!!!!! It is so therapeutic! Sam and I played football together in the front yard til I started stepping in some free-ranging neighborhood dog's poo that loves to come poo in our yard. Can someone say "pound?"

Second time in the past week to make sugar cookies with whipped icing and orange sprinkles. mmmmmmmm.

I am about a year behind in scrapbooking. arg.

God revealed some areas of unbelief in my life by showing me the story of Elisha in 2 Kings chapter 7. There was a great famine in the land and Elisha prophesied that things would totally turn around in the span of 24 hours. The officer who heard him refused to believe. Well, the Arameans were camped close by. God struck them with fear and they fled their tents, food, and treasure. Four men with leprosy found the loot, told the city officials of the good news, and bam, there was a reversal of fortune in 24 hours. What happened to the officer who refused to believe such a thing? He was trampled down at the gate by the people of the town. He died and did not partake in the blessing of the Lord.

Humbling story. There are consequences for unbelief. Lord, hear the cry of my heart, "I do believe; help me with my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)

Blessings!

No comments: