Monday, August 2, 2010

40 years!

My parents' 40th anniversary was last Saturday. So, we had a little celebration!
The couple!
My Aunt Karleen is the cake QUEEN! She even made my wedding cake! She whipped us this special creation for the party!

Menu:
Homemade rolls
Ham
Homemade noodles
Mandarin Orange Cool Whip Salad
Spinach Salad with Bacon
Green Beans
Cucumbers and Onions in Vinegar
Baked Potatoes
Cake
(we ate well, people!)
Karleen did most of the cooking. I made a couple of things, but it didn't really compare to her feast.

This is my aunt. She is my only aunt. I'll write more about her on another day.
Mini and me.
Well, hello beauties!

Kirby and Jennifer
Eli took a lot of these pictures. He is my new assistant. Look, he even used the rule of thirds in the bottom photo.
Our little celebration was filled with lots of laughter and retelling of some funny stories. I thank God for bringing my parents together.

4 comments:

Cassie said... said...

wow! 40 years, that's amazing.

Erica said...

:) Looks like fun! and delicious eats, too!

Anonymous said...

I have to say that my inlaws are the best! It is an honor to be part of your family.

Love you both!

Your son-in-law
Eric

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jerry and Debbie. 40 years of marriage! What a great heritage to give your children. Such a sweet family to bless and honor you in this way. And...those rolls look delicious! I do love bread, and homemade is the best. Love you!
Herb and Barb