Sunday, May 17, 2015

Squishy and the Strawberry Massacre

I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my squishy.  Hey there little squishy.(Dory the fish touches the squishy floating light.)  Ouch! 

Toddlers are kind of like the cute little floating light.  So enchanting and adorable, they beckon us to them.  Then, bang, pow-wow, shazaam, they leave us with a little sting of destruction. 
I came into the kitchen today to find popcorn kernels scattered all over the floor.  I took another glance and there were green strawberry tops everywhere as well.  Whaa?  Asher (endearing squishy light) had managed to crawl onto the barstool only to find Sam’s leftover bucket of popcorn kernels and a whole basket of strawberries waiting to be devoured.  He dumped the kernels and proceeded to start the great strawberry massacre of 2015. His shirt is on round 2 of being washed.  I have enough stubborn in this house without having to deal with you too, strawberry juice.
But, then the squishy toddler peeks at me with those flashing blue eyes and grins from ear to ear and I can’t help myself.
I’ll roam the earth to make sure he has every last strawberry to devour.
Dad gum squishy light.

No comments: