Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not as Much Fun as it Looks!

This winter storm didn't produce fluffy snow that kids love to jump in. In fact, the only being in our family that loves it is our 70 pound golden retriever. Savannah runs and jumps and slides and tries to catch squirrels. She acts like a baby calf just released from the stall. She would stay out there all day if I let her! Sam didn't have as much fun as our sweet girl. No sirree, he kept falling on the 3 inch sheet of ice. What is fun about that? The bigger boys had a little fun playing a game of football on the skating rink...I mean in the backyard. Hope you and yours are staying toasty warm and drinking your fill of hot cocoa! And by the way, why is it that the more fatty parts of my body seem to be the coldest? You would think that the more insulation, the warmer those parts would stay! But, nooooo, my bootie cheeks are like a lump of ice right now! OK, back to scrapbooking and card making. I don't know why I like to do these things when the kids are out of school, but it is great to have a reason to play catch up!









5 comments:

Three Against One said...

That is funny that you just said something about drinking our fair share of cocoa as I just had a HUGE cup!! I also know what you mean about the parts of our bodies getting cold, my lower back where my nice roll is is what seems to always get cold on me. :)
Our 90lb yellow lab LOVES the snow and ice. It is funny to me how this type of weather makes them young and frisky again.

Amelia said...

Where are Sammy who-Who's gloves?!?!? = )

Kim said...

Wow, y'all got a lot more ice than we did here. We were out of school today, though which was really nice!

Heather said...

Praise God for the "snow days!" We had a great time staying inside and being together. And our dogs LOVED it!!! You know what I loved? Unlike snow, they could come in and out of the house without tracking in all kinds of goop!!!! :)

In His Army said...

LOVE the picture on your header--what a great adn fun photo of you guys!!