Friday, December 31, 2010

It's the Last Day of the Year and I Better Have All My Ducks In a Row.

I guess these are geese, not ducks.  But, they kind of look like they are lined up in a row and ready to go.  Ready for 2011 and whatever gets thrown at them.  I bet they are hoping for a chunk of bread instead of a crumb buried under the snow.  Cause that would be soooo 2010.  And they are ready for joy.  To the max.

Oh, wait, that is me.

Most 31st of Decembers, I find myself with a notebook and a list of resolutions that are set in stone and ready to roll out starting at 6 am the next morning.  And then my eyelids see the clock for the first time at 8 am the next morning and the resolutions have at once failed.

So, this year:  no resolutions.  Not to say I don't need some change in my life (buying the Zumba wii game will hopefully help me shake off my rear if I didn't run it off in 2010) but I am not going to write a ton of stuff down only to fail miserably in approximately 6 weeks.  Or a day.  You know, depending on what the resolution was.  Like getting up early.  Yep, that one requires grace.  Lots of grace.

So, this year, I feel like God has given me a passage of scripture that is the prayer of my heart and I am going to (gulp) memorize it.  I prayed if He would give me the brains to memorize then I would at least attempt it.  I think we'll be a good team, God and I.

Here it is.  Play by play.  Cause that is how I am gonna role with this passage.  Each verse is meaningful, so I am gonna unpack it which in turn, will help me remember it.  God is genius.  Definitely good to have him on my side.

Psalm 90:12-17

12:  So teach us to number our days that we might get a heart of wisdom.
{Lord help me to make the most of each day...to surrender to your plans each day even if they interrupt my own plans. Give me the right priorities for each day and keep me from looking like the world.}

13:  Return, O LORD!  How long?  Have pity on your servants!
{I want your presence on a daily and very tangible level.}

14:  Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
{Help me recognize your love that is at work in my life...a joyful heart will result!}

15:  Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, and for as many years as we have seen evil.
{I am ready for restoration and joy as opposed to threshing and refinement.}

16:  Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
{The ESV study notes say:  Display your love toward your people in great deeds of power that enable them to flourish.  I like that quite a bit.}

17:  Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands!
{The Hebrew word for favor is "no'am" which means beauty.  May God's own beauty be on display through me!!!}

Eric and I have totally surrendered his work/job/future career and our family to God and His plans.  Even if it means moving.  We would love to stay here, but we need to be wherever it is that God is going to establish the work of our hands!  We're praying for discernment and a huge undeserved blessing of restoration.

We don't have a clue what 2011 holds for us, but we look forward to seeing God display His love towards us in great deeds of power that will enable us to flourish.

As far as looking back over some of what God was up to in 2010, I keep going back to one post.  It was back in January and it changed the way I prayed over the year.  I started claiming that I knew that God could turn a completely dire situation into one of abundance in the span of only 24 hours.  I started asking for help with my unbelief.  I wonder if I have any practical excuses today that are getting in the way of God's blessings.

If I could only go back and reread one post from last year, I think it would be this one.  Because unbelief is serious business and because it seems to be a daily battle.

My biggest praise this year is to God for keeping Kirby alive during his wreck.  Sweet of God to give me that gift on Christmas day!

So, I guess I have all my spiritual ducks for 2011 all lined up in a row now.

Which means God is going to shake my world!

No comments: