Thursday, January 22, 2009

Smoothie Queen

I have become a smoothie addict. Our ten year old blender that I never really loved died on me the other day. So, I thought I would price them at Targe'. They had a very nice glass 12 speed Oster blender on sale for $30. He is gorgeous and chrome and powerful. I love him. What a fun way to eat fruit! Here is my favorite concoction:

Pour in some OJ
Add some nonfat (no flavor) yogurt
Add your fave fruit...I like mixing some banana with organic raspberries
Add some milled flax seed (You won't even taste it!)
Add some honey if you think it needs it

There you have it, straight from the Smoothie Queen!

I plan to invest in some whey protein powder when the time is right!

I have a friend who has lost 6 pounds this year! Yah, baby! I haven't lost a single pound, but Eric assures me that I look more trim. If only my scales would work with me!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up with flax seed? I'm seeing mentioned a lot now. I saw some in the baking aisle and it looked intriguing, but I wasn't sure what to do with it.

Smoothies make a great lunch, although I enjoy them more when the weather's warmer! My favorite is peanut butter-banana: about half a cup of milk, a frozen banana, about 2 Tbs. peanut butter, a squirt of honey, and about 10 ice cubes.

the Fosters said...

Yummy, that sounds good! I will have to try that!

Cassie said... said...

my boys love them. I put potein powers and all kinds of other healthy stuff in them and they never know.

Kim said...

Yeah, that sounds good. Tell us about the flaxseed.

Don't worry about your scales. Remember my post two weeks ago when I said I started running? Well, I've gained 3 pounds since then. What's up with that?

Jenny said...

love, love love smoothies:)
and that smoothie Jennifer was talking about looks DIVINE!!