Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cream of What??

This baby likes its grapefruit juice, cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup, and big fat hamburgers...specifically from David's.

Cream of what-the-heck soup.  That is all I am saying. Pregnancy has taken over my mind and taste buds.  A true invasion, it has been.

Let's see, since we last chatted, I had the stomach bug.  Eric was out of town, so I packed the boys a bag, set it outside, and pretty much told my sweet inlaws to keep them til I was in the clear. It was the nastiest bug I have had in a long time.  I lost three pounds in one day. Now normally, this would be cause for excessive celebration, but it made me a tad nervous due to little bit.  I couldn't hold anything down whatsoever.

Apparently, the aversion to pregnancy multivitamins is never going to go away.  I tried to get one down yesterday.  I tipped the water bottle up, spewed water up my face, into my hair, and all over the counter.  I still haven't found that blasted horse pill.  I spent the next few minutes reapplying all my makeup as my face was dripping with black mascara.

Pregnancy makes for great storytelling.  You know, when you aren't sobbing due to hormones, nausea, and exhaustion.

And will someone please tell me why I think every.single.pregnant.woman out there is simply adorable but I can't stand to look at myself!??  I haven't taken a single preggo pic yet!

Photography has exploded!  Everyone wants Christmas pics, so November is always my busiest month...which makes my kids happy since they figure it helps the Christmas gift buying budget.

We are turning in our Operation Christmas Child boxes tomorrow!  We are going to the church tomorrow night to help collect others' boxes.  It is always one of our most precious family memories...packing them, letting the kids pray over them, and then packing them into huge cardboard boxes at the church.  If you haven't packed a box yet, there is time!  The boxes aren't due til Sunday or you can always go online and give towards the shipping of the boxes.  What a simple and yet profound way to get the gospel message into the hands of sweet children...all created in God's image and in need of a Savior.

Well, we find out the gender of the baby next Monday!  The kids will be out of school, so they can join in on the celebration!!!  Taking all guesses...GO!  Are you Team Pink or Team Blue?

Oh, baby is now fluttering around all the time and says hello!


Oh, and here is Sam's latest prayer:

Dear God, thank you for giving me a baby sister.
Dear God, please let it be a baby sister.
Dear God, if it isn't a baby sister, then please turn it into one.
Amen.

Let's just say he is the captain of Team Pink.

6 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Pink Pink Baby!

Little Oak Table said...

Sort of like Ice Ice Baby only not

Jena said...

Every house that has boys needs at least one girl!! Team Pink!!

Pam said...

I love Sam's prayer! Can't wait to hear what it is. Not sure which I'm cheering for...you know I love big boy families but I could so see you with a little girl!

Kelli said...

I'm team pink. Or team blue. I will be happy either way, really. But Tia is adamant that it be a girl. She recognizes her need for a girl cousin. :)

Anonymous said...

Praise God for this sweet little one. I'm so excited for you all every time I think about you or read your updates. I'm guessing girl. But only God knows!!! Can't wait to hear...
Kim