Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hello Spring Break

We were jolted awake by Cade, our oldest, two nights ago.  I hear water.

Oh nooooooooooooooooo.  We ran to see what he was talking about only to find water pouring out of our attic, floors squishy in our house, and ceilings ready to cave in.

The hot water tank burst.  And it is in the attic.  {Don't get me started on how stupid I think it is to put a hot water tank in the attic!}

Water was all over the attic floorboard, all over ceilings, in between walls, all over the carpets, all over the garage floor, all under a bathroom sink, yada yada.

I am thankful for three things:  we weren't out of town while on spring break, insurance will help cover some of the damage, and no one was hurt.

It isn't exactly what you want to deal with when you only moved in 8-9 months ago.

But, alas, it is what it is.

Now, we have a wall that has been ripped open in the garage in order to get all the wet insulation out.  We have carpets ripped out.  We have wind tunnel fans blowing that either make a great noise machine at night or a great reason to think you are going insane, take your pick. We also have a dehumidifier that keeps our home a nice and balmy 80 degrees.  If I squeeze my eyes shut, I can pretend that I am at the beach during spring break as the wind from the fans whips the hair off my head.

Hello spring break.

Thank you, God, for preparing a heavenly home for me.

{no more hassles, pain, sorrow, grief, tears, or frustrations}

It is going to be awesome.  It is going to be awesome.  All this &#@$&$%* down here will be worth it in the end.  It is going to be awesome.

No comments: