Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Soul-Sleep-Praying

I woke up in the middle of night praying. I didn't wake up and then pray.  I mean, I woke up, and my soul was already conversing with the Almighty.  This has to be the purest time for prayer, when our minds and bodies are not so distracted.  Our souls are free to dream and free to pray. 

It caught me off guard, what I was praying for.

Lord, give Mike Huckabee wisdom on whether or not he should enter the Presidential Race.



Seriously?!

I don't do politics. I am so bummed over the state of our nation and the direction that it is headed that I would rather be an ostrich with its head in the sand.


But, prayer is so important right now!  We need to be begging God to raise up a Godly and righteous person to lead our country! 

I saw only a snippet of Mike Huckabee in an interview a couple of weeks ago.  He said that he was praying about whether he should enter the race or not because if God's presence wasn't going to go with him, then there was no way he would even try.

Don't you love that!?  A man not consumed with ego but a man humble enough to surrender to God's will, saying if you don't go with me, Lord, then there is no reason to go down that path.

So, for whatever reason, in my soul-dream state, I was pleading with God to give this man wisdom on some serious decisions that needed to be made.

Will you say a prayer right now for God to raise up a righteous leader for our nation?

No comments: