Friday, November 13, 2009

21 months

Thinking of you, today, Kiley. I don't know that any of us are looking forward to the holidays and I am just ready to not feel that way. How many years will that take?
Here we are doing our Saturday Night Live "Who's That Spartan Cheerleader" routine. (Nice.)
This picture for some reason reminds me of the woman at the well in the book of John, whose eyes are opened to the One who gives eternal life/living water. I think of you in the presence of the One who has quenched your thirst and crossed you over from death to life. No more sorrow. No more pain. Just everlasting refreshment and rest. We can't wait to join you in your bliss.

We miss your zest for life and your ability to turn the mundane into a party.

Kiley, would you ask the King to heal our hearts and set us free? You can be pretty convincing; maybe you could encourage Him to come steal us away from this dry and weary land.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becke- I have to thank you for being so transparent on your feelings and your journey to deal with the loss of Kiley. You do not know how much this has helped me and the rest of people who she touched during her life. This has definitely been the hardest thing I have had to deal with and I daily think of how much I miss Kiley! I cannot imagine the loss you and your family must feel, and I pray that you are able to enjoy this holiday season as much as possible. Love and prayers, Stephanie Brown

Nic said...

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

I've cried alot this week, I've been more depressed than usual...really really depressed. scary depressed. then out of the blue Devin calls...all the way from Tallahassee, Florida. He ask if I was ok..I said yeah, why? He said he had had a strong feeling that I was very depressed...(isn't that something.) He had his prayer group pray for me, for us that night.
And then when I got in the car to go to work the next day, the song Let the Water Rise by Mikeschair was on....
I know God is trying to let me know he hasn't moved...I have...he's still there for me...but, why do I hurt so bad and feel sooooo lost and so distant from everything I have ever believed...when will the hurt ease?
u know who

Unknown said...

When I read your blog this verse came to my mind. I am sure you have read it many time. It just seems to comfort me when I am going through a hard time. This season too shall pass. Sometimes it just doesn't pass as fast as we want it too. I will pray that your healing will come quickly.

There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven. 2 A time to be born and a time to die. A time to plant and a time to harvest. 3 A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to rebuild. 4 A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance. 5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away. 6 A time to search and a time to lose. A time to keep and a time to throw away. 7 A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak up. 8 A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace. 9 What do people really get for all their hard work? 10 I have thought about this in connection with the various kinds of work God has given people to do. 11 God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.