Monday, September 5, 2011

this day of grace

My heart had been waiting for this morning for 5 months, I think
A morning to slip outside, curl up in a blanket with a cup of coffee
and listen
and see
and smell
and feel
all the grace all around
a moment
uninterrupted
to smile as the trees dance to grace notes
and the dog rolls in fresh blades of grass bathed in pure sunlight
with camera around my neck
I prayed to see
and exercise a heart of thanks
all the while pondering that
grace is a synonym for gratitude
could it be that God had left
one single gardenia bloom
just for me
and this day of grace















{i laughed out loud when I saw my sis in law kelli had blogged on the same topic...
hop over there for her eloquent writing}

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Great minds think alike, I guess. I just wish I knew how to wield a camera the way you do. I love the way you captured grace. I could see it so well. Love you!