Thursday, August 16, 2012

And then they were gone.

Do you hear that?  Listen closely.  There is the hum of the fan, the buzz of the fridge, and the whirl of the washing machine. 

And that is it.

They packed their bags and left this morning.  They were pretty giddy and fired up about it.  All week long, they have been full of restless energy and ready to get back to school.  What can I say, those boys simply love it.

I think they were ready to get away from their slave-momma who has totally enjoyed their help with cleaning, bathing the dog, washing the car, unloading groceries, and maintaining the house.  They are good helpers.  I am pretty sure I will miss them.  You know, cheap labor and all.

This year is bittersweet.  Sweet because I can hear something other than a TV or a rambunctious boy.  Bitter because this is the first year in twelve whole years that I haven't had a kid at home for at least part of the day.

I don't know whether to cry from tears of joy or tears of sadness.  You can check back with me in a week.

I know God is going to fill my days.  I have photography.  Cleaning.  Meal planning.  Grocery shopping.  Cooking.  Friends to catch up with.  School helping.  A new bible study to lead.  Time to sit and savor His Word.  Moments of quiet where I can actually hear Him speak.  Three little young men to pray for.  A body that needs a little exercise.  And laundry.  There is always laundry to fall back on.

It's a new season over here at Moop and Saba.

Here's to new beginnings!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Hope the boys have a fantastic year and you too! :-) Kelley T.