Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sparks Flying

Well, I am still alive.  I am pretty sure that after this morning, that is a plain miracle.

We have a house circa the 60's.  There are many things we love about this home, but the location of the electrical outlets in the bathrooms is not one of them.  The outlets are located below the lights, which means I can't plug in my hairdryer without an extension cord. 

Hair finally dry, I was about to turn off the hair dryer when a loud pop exploded and sparks started flying.  I jumped back, dropping the hair dryer.  It had shut off by itself.  I looked down and saw that the cord part of the extension cord had literally burned off of the part that lets you plug something in.  It was literally in two parts. 

I can't believe I wasn't electrocuted.  I am still shaking thinking about it.

Later, I remember what I had been thinking about.  I was telling God that I didn't feel worthy to get on stage and lead worship.  He is so beautiful and so gracious and who was I to get up on that stage.  God told me I was worthy...simply because when He looked down at me, He saw me as His daughter, washed in the blood of His Son.  I had been set free to praise Him, and Satan shouldn't convince me into thinking that I shouldn't worship.

I am pretty sure it was at that moment that the sparks started flying.

Satan doesn't want us to know our position in Christ.  The same power that raised Him from the dead is the power that is inside of us right now!

This morning just confirmed something that has been on my mind lately.  In Jesus, we live, move, and have our being.  Every breath I take, every step I take, every time I drive, every conversation I have...everything is in Him...and He can take it away and bring me into His eternal presence at any moment He desires.  In Him is my very life.

Anna and I were talking this morning and she told me she learned that when Jesus destroyed Satan, the word means that Satan was rendered ineffective.  He hasn't disappeared, he has just been rendered ineffective.  She said she likened it to going into the boys' playroom and finding a toy that had a missing part.  The toy was very much still there, but it had no use.  It had been destroyed.

I'd like to think that my Destroyer had been rendered ineffective this morning as the sparks were flying.  In God, I guess I'll continue to have my being...at least for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This morning my pastor preached on our life "IN" Christ. Your post this morning went right along with his message. Glad you weren't hurt!