Friday, May 25, 2012

The Crown, the Beaver, and the Graduate

Geez Louise.  As of 12 noon today, school will be finished.  Final.  Capiche.  I am soon to be a mother to a 6th, yes 6th grader, a 4th grader, and a 1st grader.  My my.  Don't get me started.  I can clearly remember being in each of those grades.

The week was full of fun (after we got Sam's fever down from almost 104.)  Cade presented his state project on Oregon, the bigger boys had their awards assembly (both got Principal's award) and then we celebrated Sam with his kindergarten graduation last night.

Cade got the special honor of the CROWN award at school...only one boy out of each grade receives it.  As a mother, is is a humbling thing for your child to receive such an award because you know it is simply grace and has nothing at all to do with yourself or your parenting.  God has shown his favor on us and we gladly and very humbly receive it.




This is Cade's state float.  His state was Oregon...go Beavers.  He did it all by himself.  No lie.  I helped him paint the base (which you can't even see, ha.)  He did the rest.  Now that I know he is this gifted, he will be dubbed the Creative Projects Manager of our household from here on out....cause Lord knows He didn't bless me with any art ability!

He is showcasing "Hells Canyon" which largest river gorge in North America.  Of course, he added a beaver (Eli's idea), evergreens, and some painted salmon, all of which are indigenous to the area.



Next up, our kindergarten graduate.  Sam had a great year.  He learned how to read, do math, and write sentences.  He memorized Psalm 23, Psalm 100, the Lord's prayer, and so much more.  I love where the boys are at school and feel so blessed to have them there. 
A memorized poem about money...



Don't be fooled, this is Abe, not Sam.

I love my baby!  {Can't believe I don't really have a baby anymore....sniff.}
 Yep, he looks like his Dad.  We are proud of you big guy!

No comments: