Friday, May 4, 2012

Freakin' Good Blueberry Muffins

Cade takes a bite and breaks into this...
"Mom, I know I am probably not supposed to say this word...but these muffins are freakin' good!"



Sam likes em', too.  Shoot, we all like them.



Go ahead and make a batch.  They are so yummy straight out of the oven with an omelet on the side.  Added bonus...they have lemon zest.  I have a secret love affair with lemon zest.  They are even healthy...some whole wheat flour, applesauce and yogurt keep them at only 240 calories per muffin.  Of course, that is a lot when My Fitness Pal tells me that I could only eat 5.25 muffins and that would be my caloric limit for the day.  sigh.

Thanks Ellie Krieger for the recipe.  You are the bomb-diggity when it comes to healthy meals.
Here is the link to "Better Blueberry Muffins"  aka Freakin' Good Blueberry Muffins.

The recipe in my cookbook is a little different, but I think either would work.  Instead of what the link says, my cookbook says to use 1/2 cup of plain lowfat yogurt and 1/4 cup of nonfat milk.  The link says to only use 3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk.  You be the judge!

No comments: