Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Dreaming

I have always had vivid dreams while being pregnant.  But this fourth time around is offering something entirely different.

And I don't like it.

Nightmares of sorts.  There is always a theme...something terrible is about to happen to myself or someone I love and then I wake up...practically bolt straight up as much as my belly will allow...thinking it was just as real as anything could be.  Then I spend the next little bit telling myself it was just a dream as I try to fall back asleep.

It is almost comical.  But not really.

One night in dreamland, Eric was forced to get married again due to the culture we lived in.  He didn't want to marry someone else, but he had no choice.  He married a young blond cute lil' thing and we all had to get along.  Riiiight.  I felt like Leah in the Bible.  The ugly and old one...but the one that could give him boys, ha!  I woke up right as they were about to go initiate that dual marriage thing.  eek.  the horror.

Another night, I dreamed I was in Fayetteville with the boys.  We were going down a street I wasn't as familiar with.  The street veered to the left and since there were no guardrails, we veered straight off a cliff of sorts.  I woke up in a panic, mid air and desperate for our lives.

Yet another night, I dreamed Eric and I were walking through this field of tall grass at night in the pitch black. We had a flashlight, but it wasn't on.  I told him to turn it on and as he did, we were only a couple of inches away from a whole host of snakes.  They were biting each other and about to have us for dinner, as well.  Snake dreams and I really don't get along.

Last night I dreamed Eric and I were in some neighborhood we weren't familiar with.  I was in the van while he sat on a park bench nearby.  All the sudden these bears were upon him.  He tried to scale a huge wooden fence, but one pawed him to the ground and started swiping at him.  I was in the backseat of the van and opened the door to try to get them to come towards me.  Oh, they came....but I was a little late in getting the door to shut.  I woke up as the bears were trying to paw at me through the open door.

And those are just a few.  It seems like every night I repeat the same pattern...vivid nightmare and then wake up just before the horrible thing occurs.

Goodness, I am so over this!

Pray over me as I sleep at night, would ya? 

No comments: