Sunday, February 10, 2008

Valentine Brunch





I have been having this burning desire to do something girly...something that no man or boy in my household would be able to partake in...in any shape or form. So, I thought it would be fun to plan a Valentine Brunch for the girls in our community group. I think the red plates I got for Christmas were the inspiration, but it all came together when I found the black and white gingham napkins to go with my new black charger plates...do you get any girlier than that? Deep, down, I just love little girl smocked dresses and big white bows and white lacy socks. But, that story is for another day. So, we girls had the opportunity to "brunch it up" for two and a half hours without the interruption of kids, men, dogs, laundry, work, or bills. And I think it was therapeutic. We talked baby names (no, not for me), recipes, 80's sitcoms, and even ringworms. It was a blast. Thank you to all who shared that time with me.

2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Thanks again for the brunch, it was a blast! I asked Shane if he remembered the theme song to Bosom Buddies and he didn't, but then I sang one note and it all came back! Very funny! We have a great community group don't we, we are very blessed. The boys are VERY fascinted with the cute bottle of shampoo in my bathroom and want to use in on their hair, but Luke has expressed concern that it will burn his eyes. And Shane has expressed concern about his boys hair smelling like Cherry Blossoms :) haha!

Anonymous said...

I had a great time, too. I wanted to thank you for the gift of time and care. You know what a commodity time is... and I so appreciate you sharing your heart and home with us! love, april (the some-day-I'll-get-my-blog-on friend.)