Sunday, May 10, 2009

I love you Mom!

I wish I could be in your presence today. I hope a week together on the beach makes up for it! I can't express my gratitude to you for mothering me...you were all I needed and still need.

I know I am your daughter...I become more and more like you! We both hate large crowds. We would rather listen than make conversation. We hurt when others hurt. We adore babies and wouldn't mind having a newborn at all times. We love music, but more than that, singing to our King. We love the Word of God, finding truth and learning to apply it. We enjoy steak, shrimp, good coffee, homemade desserts, and movie popcorn. We both love to go to the movies. We love to shop, especially for flip flops because they always fit. We love the beach and sand and waves and horizon. We love to read and relax and remember days gone by.

We are sometimes misunderstood..people taking our quiet spirits and equating them as snobbery. We often become absorbed in someone else's tragedy...wanting to make everything better as our emotions get the best of us. We hate change and getting out of our comfort zones.

Yes, I am definitely yours. I am so glad God made it that way. I love you and honor you today! To me, you are beautiful beyond description, inside and out.



1 comment:

the Fosters said...

Love this post about your mom!