Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Updates!

*The garage sale was a success! At 3:30 that morning, I listened to the storm roll in and wondered what on earth we were thinking! After in-and-out-of-sleep-prayer, I was PRAISING God at 5 am when it had totally stopped! The sun even popped out later, which brought a ton of people. Three families brought in around $800! Sounds good to me!

*I am getting my hair cut today. I have no vision for my hair right now. This means it will either be trimmed or chopped...I will leave that up to my hairdresser. Hair decisions are just too hard.

*Kris Allen SMILED AND WAVED AT ME during the parade! I have never seen so many people downtown...they are saying around 18-20 thousand! And our downtown area is not all that big! Kris had a dumbfounded look on his face most of the time and I kept seeing him utter the words "wow!" I was happy to see that his wife got to ride in the car with him...finally, she gets to be a part of it! We had AWESOME seats, thanks to dear husband, whose office is downtown. We were up in a breezeway thing and had A/C and didn't have to fight the crowds in order to see! Go KRIS! Vote for him tonight! :)

*The Biggest Loser finale is tonight! I love it when people realize their goals. I am sure I will shed a tear or two.

*I need to renew my driver's license...ick.

*I am in scrapbook/card making mode.

*I need some help: Will you tell me 1 or 2 of your favorite books...preferably Christian or light hearted or mystery...something you think would be fun for a beach trip?

6 comments:

Savannah B said...

Have you read Secret Life of Bees? Also, Eat Pray Love is great.

blessedpath said...

Ooh, thanks for reminding me of the Biggest Loser finale tonight! I love that too. It's too bad I didn't stay on the bus when it started....I could be down 20 lbs myself, but oh well!!! Congrats on the successful garage sale!!

Heather said...

The parade was fun! I am jealous you were in A/C, though! Avery Kate and I were HOT! (But not as hot as TSD last weekend!!) I will be thinking on the books....I love Karen Kingsbury, but they make me SAD!! SO glad to hear about the garage sale...yay for extra money!
Can't wait for BL and Idol tonight! What a great TV night!!!
OH- I am going to be induced on Monday if AK doesn't come before then...so please pray for us to have a wonderful day on Monday. Thanks, Becke!

Kirby said...

Here's the book to read...And it probably surprises you that I'm recommending a book considering I don't read books. "Jim and Casper Go to Church." Mom has it and will probably be done with it by then, but make sure she brings it for you.

Niki said...

I have lots of good Christian fiction. I just lent out a bunch yesterday for another friends beach trip. When do you leave- your neighbor Niki

Kim said...

I'm just now catching up on your blog posts. You know who has great books? Shanda! She can recommend some good ones for you. She had one about the prostitute in the bible (but written in fiction), and boy was it good. And she had a series about Isaac and Rebekah that was really good too. When do you leave for the beach?