Thursday, June 2, 2011

Today I am 14!!!

Sam's prayer this morning:
"Thank you God for Mommy's birthday.  Thank you that she is now 14!"

My prayer:
Thank you God for 14 years of life
plus 2 decades.
You are so good to me.

You even gifted me with a gardenia bush in full bloom when I woke up.
Love that.






 Eric and the boys gave me fun adornments for the front yard...rosemary, basil, petunias, and yellow gerbera daisies.  Makes me happy everytime I leave the house and everytime I come back home!  BTW, before you put those yeast rolls in the oven next time, first baste them with melted butter and sprinkle chopped fresh rosemary and a little salt on top.  yummo. yummo. yummo.



 The boys had their awards ceremony at school yesterday.
I marvel at God's grace on our family and in their lives.
They each got the Principal's Award:  all A's and good conduct
...awards for speech meets and math olympics and spelling bees
and Cade got the CROWN award, given to only one boy/girl for each grade.

grace.

If only that grace would bleed over into my indoor-gymnasium-picture-taking-abilities.  geesh.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my beloved firstborn!!
It was a wonderful day 14 uh humm..34 years ago when I first got to look upon your chubby little cheeks!
And, to find out what your were! In the old days we had to wait to know. I was happy beyond words to have a baby girl, and you have made me happy ever since.
God truly blessed us when he gave us you.
mom

Kim said...

Good job boys! And happy b-day once again!

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Sister!!! <3 u!

And hasn't Cade been blessed with that award many times before?!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Becke'! You are an outstanding daughter-in-law. I praise God for His abundant grace in bringing you to our family.

Love you,
Barb

Cassie said... said...

I remember when you really were 14...I'm just glad you made it this long! I had my doubts when we were sneaking around the cemetery near Becky's house with a lighter and Aqua Net to protect us!