Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Book List

In case you need to add a book or two to your summer reading list...
these will not disappoint

1.  Simple Obsession by Jamie West Zumwalt
Written by
a mom
a missionary
a daughter of the King
someone who just wants to live simply
in the constant presence of Jesus.

I just can't say what this book has meant to me...filled with true life stories that offer hope and faith...her testimony is refreshing, encouraging, and life giving.  I think it would be great for your soul.

2.  The Priest's Graveyard by Ted Dekker
you knew I had to throw him in there...


3.  Radical by David Platt
This is the book our community group is going through...
We are taking it very slowly
so we don't just inhale the words
and then look in the mirror
to find we haven't changed at all.

If your chief aim in life is to glorify the One Worthy
then you will love this.

4.  Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider
We are all affected by clutter
time stealers
 stuff

Here is a (non-judgmental) plan on how to cope
breathe easier
find things
bless others with what you don't use

It is an actual 10 day plan
that I will soon implement!


5.  One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
She utters what I couldn't utter
in my darkest hour
and I thank her for it

If you have lost joy
but long for it's reappearance
then buy this book
(if your name is Debra Kay then please wait)

What books do you think I should put on my summer reading list?

2 comments:

Kirby said...

I love Radical! Actually taking my youth group through it right now!

Little Oak Table said...

Great List! I must read the Organized Simplicity book! My name was monogrammed on that white towel :)!