Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Favorite Things


Hey there!  It has been a long time since I've rounded up a few of my favorite things.  I always enjoy seeing what products people like to use...kind of like consumer reports via mom-bloggers.  It saves me money if I know something works!  Here's what made the cut for my favorite things!  Enjoy!

1.  Merle Norman's Daily Moisture Cream--I can't say enough about this.  It smells good and even works on my crazy-dry skin!  I use it morning and night...it doesn't have SPF, but my makeup does, so I guess it is OK.  
 2.  Lysol Toilet Bowl "complete clean lime and rust remover"--we have suffered from rust stains in our toilet bowls forever and day.  I had tried everything...Magic Eraser, straight bleach, products designed to get off lime/rust...to no avail.  I saw this new product, gave it a whirl, and the stains came off immediately.  Amazing product.  Thank you, Lysol!  Now people don't have to think I never clean my toilet!
 3.  Kemp's Frozen Yogurt Cookies and Cream---let's face it, I am an ice cream addict.  But, in order to keep the pounds at bay, I needed to find a flavor of frozen yogurt I like.  I am sure it is still chock full of sugar, but maybe a tad better for me?  Please say it is...
 4.  Downy Unstoppables--mmmm.  I am a sucker for products that smell good.  I think I have no less than 12 bottles of lotion that I currently rotate through.  I love candles, good perfume, house spray, and just-bathed boys.  Enter this product.  It is pricey and doesn't last long, but there is nothing like crawling into bed with fresh lavender sheets at night.
 5.  Fake Bake Sunless Tanning Spray with Mitt--I do like color on my skin but I hate tanning beds and the cancer word scares me.  Enter this stuff. Usually, I hate tanning lotions due to the smell, but this stuff really doesn't smell at all (and I am pretty picky about the after-smell they leave.)  It gives instant color but it doesn't really last after you've taken a shower.  Pros:  great smell and actual tan color instead of orange.  Cons:  must reapply daily (I get lazy.)

6.  International Delight Heath Flavor--I like coffee.  So does my nine year old, but don't turn me into the authorities.  We looked over all the flavors at wallyworld and decided to give this one a whirl.  I actually like it!  It doesn't beat out my fave...CoffeeMate Italian Sweet Cream, but it kind of tastes like dessert in a cup.  (Sometimes if I have a sugar craving, I will make some coffee...I figure a bit of sugar in the creamer is better than binging on something else...)
So there you have it!  What are a few of your favorite things right now?

No comments: