Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hopelessness Exaggerates the Adversities


We've had a few weeks of emotional drama around here. Or spiritual warfare.  Or just plain old life being lived in enemy territory.  Whatever you call it, is so easy to give into despair and hopelessness.  I know that for me, once I start to entertain those thoughts, everything goes south.  And stat.

I found this quote.  Perhaps it meets you where you are, as well.

" I implore you to not give into despair.  It is a dangerous temptation, because our Adversary has refined it to the point that it is quite subtle.  Hopelessness constricts and withers the heart, rendering it unable to sense God's blessings and grace.  It also causes you to exaggerate the adversities of life and makes your burdens seem too heavy for you to bear.  Yet God's plans for you, and His ways of bringing about His plans, are infinitely wise."  Madame Guyon

I think I should paint this on my wall.  Or write it on my forehead.  Or cross stitch it. 

Or, I could just live it.


{last photo from pinterest}

No comments: