Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to School pics





 Oh my stars, Sam looks like his Uncle Zach here!  I usually think he favors his Uncle Lee, but it is Zach here...especially the jaw line. 

When did you get so big, sweet boy?  As you enter a new school, I want you to know that you are smart, you are tender hearted, and you will be used this year in a mighty way.  If I could teach you anything from when I was in your grade, it would be to listen to your teacher lest she put you in your place.  (THIS account of my second grade is worth the read...funny!)





Oh second child of mine, you bring such delight.  As you enter a new school, I want you to know God has given you everything you need to make new friends and be at peace.  Like me, you don't enjoy change, but sometimes change is exactly what God orders in order to break the ties of fear.  If I could teach you anything that I learned from your grade, it would be not to pre-judge people.  I got the dreaded "Mrs. Whitlatch" and she ended up being one of my favorite elementary teachers.  She even had an aquarium...you would have loved that!




How can you be as old as you are, Cade?  It was just yesterday that you were Asher's size.  I am proud of the young man you are becoming.  As you enter a new school, I want to tell you to take a lunch the first day, lest my "new school experience" becomes your own.  (Again, pretty funny!)





And we can't leave little bit out!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even in the land down under I'm thankful for my Godly wife and wonderful boys. Love you!

Dad