Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cherishing Family





Things I cherish about each of the members of my family:

Eric
1. I love the fact that Eric receives joy on Saturday mornings by letting me sleep in a bit. I wake up to the smell of bacon and coffee and stumble into the kitchen as he serves me and the boys breakfast. This is really wonderful.

2. I love the fact that Eric is such a go-getter. He does it in a way as to not let his job become more important than family. No idea is too outlandish for him and he is courageous enough to tackle anything in the business world. I cherish the fact that he provides for us but also recognizes Jesus as the true Provider.

3. I cherish Eric as Father to Cade, Eli, and Sam. He truly is a good Daddy. Things just are not the same when he travels. He loves to play sports with them, read to them, wrestle with them, and keep them in line!

Cade
1. I cherish the fact that Cade has become quite a little helper! One morning after breakfast, he took it upon himself to go out into the garage and pick things up. This was all his idea. He loves to have things in order and to please his parents.

2. I think it is wonderful how Cade is so good to his brothers. He is never one to instigate fights, but always strives for peace and harmony. He loves playing with Eli and keeping Sam out of trouble.

3. I love that Cade is so well-rounded. He loves to learn and go to school, is addicted to sports, and yet still cherishes the Word of God. It is fun to watch him grow in many areas of his life.

Eli
1. It gives me great delight that Eli is such a friend to all. He makes everyone feel like they are the most special person in the world. He is not afraid to be courageously kind to all he comes in contact with.

2. I cherish the fact that Eli loves to help me cook. Since I have no girls, this is quite a treat when he drags over his chair, dons his "robot" apron and begs to help.

3. It is fun to have someone in our family who absolutely loves life. The rest of us can be kind of serious, so he is a definite blessing to have around. He even laughs at 2 am when I put Vicks on the bottom of his feet. (This mysteriously helps with coughs.)

Sam
1. Sam has the ability to make people feel comfortable. I cherish the fact that he (even as a 2 year old) just seems to let people be people. I think he will be an empathetic person.

2. I love the fact that God created Sam with such a courageous spirit. He is not afraid of anything and likes for people to know that. He wants to do anything that Cade and Eli try.

3. I cherish it when Sam says "HUGS!" and curls up in my arms to give me some loving!

Well, after this post, I feel like the most blessed person in the world! I love how God creates humans so differently--each complementing one another so we can live in unity under his mighty hand of grace.

I tag Anna and Kelli to cherish their families thru the gift of the written word!

2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Hey Girl!!! Great Blog!!!

Little Oak Table said...

do we go to church with about us?