Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Provision of a Roof

The Saturday night before Christmas was a wild one in Conway. The wind was howling and the tree limbs were falling. As the rain fell, I lay in bed with the covers up to my chin praying silently. We have known for about 1 1/2 years that our roof needed to be replaced. We found this out when we thought we were moving to a different house in the summer of 2006. The great Lord thwarted that idea again and again and we finally had a peace to stay put. The potential buyers of our home wanted a brand new spankin' roof and who has an extra four grand lying around? So, as I was praying in bed that Saturday night before Christmas, I prayed that He would protect us and keep limbs off of our home. But then I threw in a little extra prayer...you know, the kind you don't tell your spouse unless God decides to answer it! I asked God to consider using this storm to provide us with a brand new roof. Well, low and behold, as I was getting ready for church the next morning, I noticed some water damage that ran from our bathroom ceiling all the way to our master bedroom ceiling. Then, after inspecting the outside, Eric found shingles that had been blown off in a totally different part of the house. Long story short, the claims guy said, "Merry Christmas, you get a new roof!" The roofer is supposed to come out today to let me pick out the new shingle color. This is almost as much fun as picking out a new pair of shoes. Although, I wish I either had my Contractor Dad here or my interior designer friend here to help, I am thinking that I can do this all by myself! I surely can decide if graphite, black, pewter, or dark gray looks the best, right?? Anyway, I just wanted to say that God is even in the roof of our lives, providing beyond our imaginations and hearing our every utterance. Praise be to His name for His indescribable gifts! (If we had not waited on his timing to move, the roof would have come out of our pocket and not his!)

For all of my fashion loving divas out there, this part is for you! If you would like a FREE Spiegel spring catalog, just go to Spiegel.com/request and type in offer code F8814!! I don't usually order from Spiegel, but it is fun to see what the new fashions will be for the next season. (And then I go to Target and do my best to copy them!)

1 comment:

Little Oak Table said...

that is so awesome! what an amazing story! i'd say that is a way God showed His love for you!