Sunday, January 20, 2008

Go Salameeez!!!

I just love this phase of life we are entering. It is called the world of sports for little boys. I imagine it will last for the rest of my life...except it will become the world of sports for boys and then bigger boys and then young men. Eli played soccer last fall. With Eric as coach (who knew NOTHING about the sport), it was quite a riot. Now, it is Cade's turn. Cade has many passions in life, but basketball may be the winner. He will go outside and shoot for hours. Our little rule between Mother and Son is that he can go outside without gloves if it is above 38 degrees, otherwise it is gloves all the way. This is difficult for Cade, because, apparently, it messes up his shot. Well, he has joined the Upward Basketball league and loves it. It is so sweet to see a trillion 1st and 2nd graders on a court figuring out the logistics of the game while each trying to be a superstar. Cade had a game last Friday night and it truly was the best entertainment I have had all year. At one point, I wanted to cry because I missed a couple of his baskets while trying to keep my 2 year old from dropping his toys and snacks down onto the court. (We were sitting up high in the walking track part.) But, I am telling you, God is so gracious and did allow me to see his 3 pointer! My sweet baby shot a 16 footer! I knew he could do this...probably countless times in a row. But, something about seeing it in a game made all of my pride come rushing to the surface. I think God probably swells with pride when one of His sons or daughters does something well. After all, he created us and He is the giver of all gifts and talents. So, back to the title of this post. Eli (5) was cheering the team on and I finally figured out what he was saying. "GO SALAMEEEZ!!" You know, like the salami deli meat. Cade's team is called the TSUNAMIS and I must admit, this is quite a difficult word to grasp for a 5 year old. Heck, I don't even know if I spelled it right!

More sports...Herb (father-in-law) got a Wii for his birthday. We finally had some time to go over there and try it out. (Needed something free to do while the roofers pounded away!) I just have to boast a hair and say I beat Eric at not just bowling but GOLF, too! Yes, that is Eric, my husband, the professional golfer, who coached the UCA team at one time. He was quite a sport about it, knowing that in reality, I don't have a lick of athleticism in me! This was a momentous day in the life of Becke' Stuart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You GO GIRL! Way to beat the boys! You're a Wii superhero! Isn't that thing addicting?

Anonymous said...

Look....it was nothing more than a fluke! You hear me a FLUKE!!!

I will dominate once I figured the darn thing out a little better....but I have to admit - I was really proud of my wife for beating me!