Sunday, September 13, 2009

19 months

This picture rips my heart out. One of my first show heifers, named Sweetie, had become a Momma! This is her first calf. It was a little girl. The only problem was that there were complications in childbirth. The baby heifer couldn't walk. She didn't make it.

We had such high expectations for this little calf. Her genealogical line was superb and she had every hope to be a great one. She was beautiful, too.

I saw this picture the other day for the first time again since Kiley passed on. That is Kiley hugging the baby. It is so tender and it squeezes my heart until my heart can't pump anymore. Kiley was such a nurturing and tender person. Even at her young age, she knew something was wrong with the heifer that couldn't be fixed. So, she gave all she had by laying on the ground with the calf that was in so much pain. She offered her heart because there was nothing else to offer.

It aches in a place so deep to know that my sister is gone now, too. We had such high expectations for her. She was beautiful, too.

We praise the Father for allowing her to be in a place where girls don't have broken hearts and baby calves don't have broken backs.

4 comments:

Cassie said... said...

I hurt for you.

Unknown said...

I know it's hard, and I hurt for you too. What a sweet picture that captures so much emotion and love and tenderness.

blessedpath said...

You know my love for animals, so this has touched me. I too, hurt for you, missing your sweet sister. know that you are being thought of today:)

Little Oak Table said...

Beck, there are no words. Just wanted to say thanks for continuing to share as we walk this journey together. Love you.