Sunday, March 21, 2010

The big mama

The boys are all crammed into Cade's bed, kicking off spring break in true boy fashion. As I lay sideways on top of all of them in order to kiss each one, Eli was quick to tell me that a one million ten thousand twenty pound girl was squishing them.

I decided to laugh. My only other option was to cry. Yes, laughter was the right choice here.

Eli then sweetly responded with, "well, really, you only weigh 130 pounds...isn't that right, Mom?"

My response: "That is exactly right, sweetheart."

The boy is a charmer. In two seconds flat, he had me back at my wedding weight.

Now, I am going to go eat a chocolate covered banana. After all, I only weigh 130. I think my fast metabolism will burn off the calories in about three minutes.

2 comments:

Heather said...

How SWEET! Boys love their mommies!!

Jenny said...

haha! love it:) heck why not have 2 choc covered bananas!!

thanks for the yard sale stuff!!