Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I Nailed It"

On the way home from school yesterday, we talked about Good Friday and the significance of it. I asked Eli what happened that day and after he replied correctly, he said, "Yeah, I nailed it!"

Wow, the word "nailed" just etched across my mind and wouldn't leave. Eli was right, we can each say, "I nailed it." It was our sin that nailed Jesus to the cross. In His great love, he went through with His Father's plan of redemption. He had the authority to lay down his life and take it up again. He also had the authority to get out of the painful mess he was about to enter...but love enabled him to put one foot in front of the other on the way to Golgotha. Love hindered him from calling down legions of angels to save him from the unjust act of thick and rusty nails being driven into His flesh. Love held him on the cross when he literally couldn't breathe due to the asphyxiation.

He was pierced for our transgressions. Not because Pilate condemned him, but because my sin drove Him there. I nailed it...and I think I need to remember that lest I cheapen His grace.

Jesus, give me time this week to remember...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great word Eli, and great application Becke'. I, too, am praying to be newly overwhelmed by God's grace and mercy. Love this word.
Barb

Unknown said...

great post