Monday, March 22, 2010

The Church...

I've spent all morning thinking about this healthcare thing that passed. I know it is significant and my mind went 1001 directions on how it could not only affect me in the near future, but also affect my kids in 20 or so years as they are trying to raise their own families. I can be a bit doomsdayish, so I will spare you the details of what all was running through my mind.

The below article is excellent! It tells things from a spiritual point of view...after all, this is a spiritual battle we are in. He does a good job of explaining where the church fits into all of this...

http://www.raptureready.com/soap/keller12.html

I want to rant and rave about the fact that God doesn't have to be merciful to our country...I think He has been long suffering enough as it is when it comes to our nation's abortions, corrupt leaders, and pure idolatry. And yet, in my prayer this morning, I was crying out for mercy.

I see news reports of "the biggest tension between the US and Israel" and I want to cringe. Don't we get it? If we don't stand beside Israel, God will no longer bless our country. Simple as can be. ("I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse...Gen. 12:3")

And yet, with all that is going on, I was overcome with the fact that Jesus is still in control. He sits on His throne and reigns. He is the one and only King. He is good. He is all-powerful. And, I can trust Him no matter what lies ahead.

No comments: