Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Daddy!!!

Happy "49th" Birthday Dad! (This may be the last year you can milk that one because I am catching up with you.) I love you for so many reasons.

I love you for walking me down the aisle and giving me away on my wedding day.

I love you for teaching my kids how to drive. (I think.)
I love you for always carving our turkey or ham.

I love you for always working hard and providing for us when I was growing up.
I love you for bringing me to college back in 1995 and helping me unpack in 110 degree weather and for the tears that slid down your cheeks as you drove away and let me me a big girl.
I love you for taking me out to lunch at Spring Street Grill during college when my heart was broken over a boy and you told me it would all work out in the end.
I love you for letting me make big decisions like bidding on cattle and deciding on my own what college to attend.
I love you for letting all 2 million pounds of me crawl up in your lap as if I were still a 2 year old pig-tailed girl dubbed "Lulu."
I love remembering being about 5 years old and you calling me "honey pie." I would swing and try to wrap my brain around what a "honey pie" exactly was.
I love you because you are the real deal and you don't carry around a lot of pretense.
Have a happy day. You are loved.

3 comments:

Three Against One said...

Very sweet post Becke, I love how he always has such a great big smile on his face!
Happy Birthday Dad!

blessedpath said...

Yes, happy birthday to your dad! My dad always carves the turkey too...i need to take a pic of him, what a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jerry! Hope your day was a great one.
Herb & Barb