Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Mugs

The boys' school has a bake sale every year in order to help with extra funds. This year, being the already-overly-committed Mother that I am, I jumped on board to not only help promote the sale, but to also bring things to the sale and work the sale. (When will I ever learn to say "no"...Eric and I discussed this very matter last night...but that is another post.)

I thought it might be fun to throw something unique into the bake sale mix...like a little drink mix. (ahem) I found a recipe for "Russian Tea Mix" and without ever trying it out, signed it up! In my all-creative-yet-still-overly-committed-insane-mind, I thought it would be fun to put some in decorative spring mugs with instructions for the mix in each.

As I lay in bed last night, I began to get a little anxious about my idea. It is um, spring. And I wasn't even sure if stores sold cute mugs this time of year...especially ones that didn't look like um, fall. So, I prayed, begging God to give me cute mugs for about a dollar each at Kroger today, because that was the only place this overly-committed-Mother had time to go to today.

And, voila. He answered. All. Three. Requests. Love Him!


You will be happy to know that the the "Russian Tea Mix" is quite tasty. In fact, it tastes a lot like mulled cider. Mulled cider in spring mugs. Well, I tried.

Now, I must go detox my nose. After mixing all the powdery things together for the creation, I am on some kind of high.

2 comments:

Erica said...

haha I love the well-placed "ahem" :)

Amelia said...

I'm ready for that next post! "ahem" = )

Love the mugs! You go girl- they look cute!