Sunday, May 9, 2010

For my Mom...



How Do I Love Thee...Let me count the ways.


I love you for giving your heart to foster babies, nurturing those who needed arms to hold them tight.


I love you for opening up your home and heart to one of those babies and making him your own son.


I love you for not giving up on trying to have me.


I love you for not giving up and giving me other siblings.


I love you for raising us to fear the Word and God.


I love you for going to church camp with me, being my "cabin mom" and helping us win the "cleanest cabin award" as you placed fresh flowers and bible verses all around.


I love you for holding down the fort when Dad had to travel a lot.


I love you for letting us play outside all day...catching tadpoles, climbing gravel rock piles, playing foursquare, and jumping in drained ponds to save the fish.


I love you for making us clean, do dishes, and help cook.


I love you for spanking my bottom with my blue brush when I was apparently being sassy.


I love you for holding it together on my wedding day as I am sure that it was hard to give your first baby girl away.


I love you for the strength you have exuded as you had to give your second baby girl away into the hands of God Himself.


I love you for making our home a place of double portion...of acceptance, love, and godliness.


I love you for loving from the center of who you are.


I love you for being my Mom.
{I'll love you forever; I'll like you for always.}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well put! she's the greatest!

Anonymous said...

I love her because she is a great model for her daughter and she is a GREAT mother-in-law.

I love you Debbie!!!

Eric