Wednesday, May 19, 2010

When The Best Words Come Forth...

My bro, Kirby came to see us yesterday! The boys actually had games on the same night, so he came to be the good uncle that he is and cheer them to victory.

He made it in town in time to go with me to grab the kids from school. We were bopping right along to the music of Fee (which I highly recommend.) At a stand still and only a few cars from being at the front of the line, our bodies were thrown forward with convulsion as we realized we had been rear ended.

Praying that I would act in a Christlike manner, I got out of the car and asked if the person that had hit me was OK. She looked at my van, assessed that she didn't see any damage, and then asked if we could just forget about it. Kirby had hopped out as well, noticed a dent, and brought that to our attention. I told her my husband would pretty much kill me if I at least didn't get her name. If figured I knew where to find her if there was damage that needed to be fixed. (Eric later almost killed me for not getting all her info...oops.)

I was getting pretty irate about the woman's nonchalant comment, but Kirby lightened the mood. On the way home, he started busting out into laughter. I asked him what was so funny and he replied with "uhh, what came out of your mouth when we got hit!" What? I couldn't even recollect having said anything foul, but he was there to put me in my place. What can I say, I have a favorite cuss word that seems to make an appearance when I am driving. The sad thing is that I can't even always remember when it leaves my mouth!

Trying to act like Christ can be tricky! Especially when the best words come forth without having any memory whatsoever of saying them!

"You love every harmful word, O you deceitful tongue!"
Psalm 52:4

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh that deceitful tongue! Gets us in trouble every time. That is hilarious that you didn't even know you said ..it:)

Cassie said... said...

wow! I have one one those words too. The problem is...I do know when I say it and I say it way to much.

Kelli said...

I'm glad you guys are okay. But I have to say I cracked up reading this. Because I know what your favorite cuss word is. Hehehe...That wicked tongue will get the best of all of us at times, eh? :)

Erica said...

:) the most fun word to say, right?

Anonymous said...

It's that one bull calf's fault.
You know, the one that wrapped himself around and around and around that center pole and sufocated! That was when you were first exposed to "That" word. Darn bull!