Friday, August 26, 2011

Mmm Mmm Good!

Now that fall is (almost) upon us, I am finally in the mood to cook again.  My husband and children thank me.

Yesterday, I roasted a 9-10 pound pork roast on 250 degrees for 6 hours.  I seasoned it with lemon zest, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, garlic, and white wine.  It was tasty!  We had it as "roast' with mashed tators and green beans.  Then, I shredded the rest and put 4 cups each into 2 ziploc bags to freeze.  I think we'll have pork soft tacos with cilantro and avocado one night and BBQ pork sandwiches another.  It was nice to get a lot of meals planned in one day!

I have been getting excited about the possibility of cooler weather....you know what that means don't you?  SOUP season!  I'll give you some of my fave soup recipes another time, but in the mean time, enjoy these!!!

1.  Sausage Mushroom Rigatoni (Earthy and homey and the leftovers are just as good!)

2.  Biscuit Style Cinnamon Rolls (my first attempt at homemade cinnamon rolls...they are perfect/melt in your mouth, not too sweet!)

3.  Chicken Florentine (this may be Eric's fave...he always sings my praises afterwards)

4.  Taco Bowls  (fun for a football night)

happy cooking!

No comments: