Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Stitch Fix: Why It Just Might Be the Way to Go!

You guys I have a little secret.  I have no style.  I am immersed in boy-this and boy-that and I don't remember the last time I had a mani-pedi.  I have lost the feminine side of myself along the way, succumbing to tennis shoes, yoga pants, and hog t-shirts.  I need to rediscover myself because down deep, I like to look nice.



But, this fashion decade!  I don't know what to do with it, you guys!  I enter stores and have no idea what to put with what.  Plus, I have flashbacks to my 80s when I go shopping.  Who said I was ready for neon, florals, and printed jeans?  Nope, not.  I need help.

I need a stylist.  But who has the moolah for that?  I need someone to shop for me cause I have a toddler and mounds of daily laundry and 6 mouths that always want to eat.  I need some nicer and timeless items that will replace the I-really-don't-like-you-but-I-bought-you-anyway-since-you-were-on-clearance-items.

Maybe what I need is Stitch Fix!

Here is the low down:

You sign up, fill out a profile about clothes you would enjoy and your body shape. I think I put "allow maximum coverage" on all areas.  Nope, no cleavage needed round these parts.  There is even space to tell your stylist what you are really looking for and problem areas you may have.  I told her I wanted to look cute but I needed breathable clothes that would work well (as in wash well) in a world of 4 boys.  She has her work cut out for her! I specifically requested two pair of jeans because I have no britches I am proud of!

Your stylist will go to work, they charge you a simple $20 style fee, and then ship you the cutest box containing 5 items to try.  (Shipping is free!  This is easier than driving to Targe'!)  You get three business days to decide what you love.  Whatever you don't love, goes back in the prepaid postage bag.  Easy peasy. The best part is that the $20 style fee goes towards whatever you decide to keep and if you keep it all, you get 25% off of everything!

Now, this is my favorite part!  If you refer someone, and they sign up using your referral number, you get $25 to spend on a future fix!  Free clothes?  Now that is even better than scouring the clearance racks!

I get my first "Fix" on February 4th so you guys come back and see the pics and tell me what to keep!  If you are interested in getting your own fix, you can sign up right here!

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4625507

Let's be fashionable in 2015...and maybe have some free pieces along the way!

No comments: