Monday, March 9, 2009

The Bug

Thankfully, we don't have the stomach bug! The bug I am referring to is the fabric bug. The decorating bug. The buy a new recliner bug. The dream of paint colors bug. The scrub your house from top to bottom bug. The look at a 10 month old naked baby and get the baby bug. The desire to shell out moolah and get your carpets cleaned bug. The orange vanilla Trapp candle bug.

Ahhh! Anna is to blame.

I can't wait for her to reveal her house transformation to you guys...but let me warn you...you, too will get the bug!

So, I need your help! What are some free things that I can do to my house to spruce it up a bit? Something about the spring wants me to resurrect my house from its winter slumber!

I can't believe how much her new fabric treatments changed the whole look of her house! Someone needs to pin me down lest I run out the door to Hobby Lobby.

If you know the culprit, go see for yourself! She will even offer you a glass of peach iced tea and ya'll can sit for a bit and talk all things southern. :) Or dream of yesteryear.

Don't forget to leave me your free "spruced up" ideas!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Freebie" I can offer is to help you anyway I can. You know me, I love doing everything you talked about. We could probably get Papa's assistance helping with the kids. Let me know. Furniture row WAS offering 2 yrs. of no interest, and no payment. Don't know if that offer is still in place or not, if that's even good business. Might be a good place to start for a chair.
Barb

Samantha said...

I wish I had free tips.. I was in Hobby Lobby today and spent at least 45 minutes trying to decide what fabrics to buy for some sewing endeavors I have for my spring break next week and spent more money than I planned. In preparation for/daydreaming about my house next year, though, I am getting the decorating bug as well.

blessedpath said...

Okay, Try and move furniture around, and even to different rooms. I recently moved my computer armoire into the family room and put our tv in it and LOVE the new look. I placed our comp on a desk. Get some brances from outside and pop them in a vase or get an old purse and hang it on the wall with the twigs in it. This takes a certain kind of bag like purse. Paint mirror frames in your bathroom...I have been the same way, thinking of all the things i would love to change around the house!! Have fun and let us know what you decided on.

Amelia said...

Maybe I just need to get me a sewing machine after all and make you some new "stuff" That be FUN!!!

Little Oak Table said...

Hee Hee Hee I'm laughing out loud. It was fun thinking of yesteryear with you today!

I like Amelia's idea of getting a sewing machine.

And I like Blessed Path's idea of bringing in the branches-spray paint them white? Yellow? Both? Ohhh so earthy. Hmm, I may borrow that idea myself.

My idea is a $.99 box of upholstery tacks and keep your eye on clearance fabric. When you find it hammer that puppy into the top of your window!

You rock and I just always love your house-you are a great decorator and I appreciate you furniture arrangin' input.

I'm free to move a couch when you get ready...

I still can't believe Jibs peed in a book. For the love...

Little Oak Table said...

Pull the blinds up and Windex those suckers.

Anonymous said...

The free advice I can give you about extinguishing the "bugs" that plague you is to come move into our guest room...we could use the rent money!

Otherwise, your hubby asked me to tell you to just live through any friends who have recently done all the things you desire.

Hope that helps.

Unknown said...

I would go with some new/recovered pillows with some spring colors. Look around for some old colorful t-shirts and cut them in the shape of a pillow or hearts or whatever suits your fancy. Betty Downs