Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Give a Shout!

Sometimes I just have to give out a big shout to God. I mean, Heaven awaits us! No more sorrow or suffering or pain or loss or tragedy or heartache or despair. Heaven awaits us! Give a shout!

Chris Tomlin has a great new song out called "I Will Rise." My favorite line is, "And my faith shall be my eyes."

Sometimes we just need a reminder that this is true! Sometimes it is just good to sit around and daydream about what Heaven will be like. My new favorite way to think of Heaven is this: a place where you can try new things without inhibitions of failure, fear, expense, or lack of time. I tend to imagine myself on the clearest water you have ever seen, with a huge lush and green mountain scape in the background. I am on a sailboat. I am not afraid of the depths of the water or my lack of skills in sailing. I can simply enjoy the wind and the fresh new colors. I can sail! I am a sailor! "I feel good. I feel great. I'm SAAAAAAILING!! I sail! I am a sailor! Ahoy!!" (A quote for all of you 'What About Bob' lovers out there.)

Let's encourage each other today! Let's comment on what we are looking forward to about our REAL HOME! Don't worry if it sounds outlandish...it probably won't be when our faith shall be our eyes! Give a shout out to God and tell Him you can't wait to go HOME! Don't be afraid to comment...we all need a little encouragement and a "fresh view" from time to time!

3 comments:

Nic said...

I could write a novel but I won't! How wonderful it is to have have faith that when we pass from this world heaven awaits. Thank God for sending your Son Jesus Christ to die for a sinner like me!!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to be able to actually sing and eat whatever I want. But mostly seeing those we miss. There are a couple special ones I am dying to see. Thanks for the post. It is something we need to think about more :)

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite songs is "No More Night". I had a friend that sang it at Gary's funeral. Even 15 yrs later it still touches me. I can't wait till there really is no more night, no more pain, no more crying and we will sit in the light of our Risen Lamb. How wonderful when we are all rejoicing at the feet of our Great and Mighty GOD. Debbie E.