Saturday, March 7, 2009

The ZOO!!

Ever since last July, when we braved the 100 degree heat in order to take the kids to the zoo, we have heard one thing nonstop from Sam: "Can I go to the zoo?" He has said it for 8 months straight. We were finally able to oblige his request! Well, all I can say is that the word "free" got out...everyone in the central Arkansas area was at the zoo today.

Ode to our mascot! (Well sort of...I guess there is a difference between a wart hog and a razorback...)

Cade took one look at the below and said, "Look! A two-headed rattlesnake!" I could see how he arrived at that hypothesis...but it was funny!









The alligators always wig me out. They look so fake!

Reticulated python...always a hit.
This little guy was fun to watch.
Cade had a good idea...he decided to write down every animal they saw so they could remember them better later on.
Hmmm, my baby looks like an old man today...white legs, white socks and black shoes. Shame on me.

Yep, we know who his daddy is.
Ahh, the color on these Lorikeets is awesome!
I think he should be named Moe, don't you?




















The weather was perfect! What a fun day!

3 comments:

The Uptons said...

What a fun day...we snuck it in yesterday since Chad is at the station today, I LOVE the zoo, and LR is getting better all the time, their hard work is paying off...and we get to enjoy it! Your pictures are awesome too! Have been thinking about you a lot lately...I'm hitting that point where everyone really is moving on around me, but my heart is still stinging with fresh pain. Comforting to know you are surviving and flourishing in His
grace, the same He is offering to me.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I'm so glad you got to go. The pictures are great. I can't wait to see the list of animals Cade made. Shelia said David and his family went to the zoo, also.
Barb

Little Oak Table said...

You are one brave Mama. I heard the zoo was C-R-A-Z-Y!

This was a great, entertaining post. From the white sock/black shoes to the cute animal pictures I just loved it all!

Glad you stuck it to the man and got a free trip to the el zoo-oh.

Nothing like a little Jack Black quoteage to start your Monday off with a bang!