Saturday, February 19, 2011

Eli's PBCs

Tonight, Eli asked if he could make up a recipe.  I told him to go for it.  He proceeded to write down the ingredients for a cookie recipe.  Then he asked if we could make it.

I gulped.

Then, I remembered that this son likes to create.  He is imaginative and fun and joyful and he loves to make things up.  He even started his own "diary of a wimpy kid."  It doesn't matter that he hasn't read any of the books of that series. 

So, I did something totally against everything in me. 

I let the boy make up his recipe.

Yes, I tweaked a couple of things...like changing the cup of baking powder to a 1/2 tsp.  But, I am telling you, he came up with the rest of the ingredients!  (I did add some butter...shoot me, I live in the south.)  And we did throw in some chocolate chips at the end, cause everything is better with chocolate.

Here is his recipe.  You might want to print it off and let him sign your copy some day.  He just might be a big deal.  Cause I am telling you, these cookies are gooo-oood!!!

"Eli's PBC's"  (Peanut Butter Cookies)

Mix together:
1 1/4c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In another bowl, mix 1 egg, 1/2 c. soft butter, 1/2 tsp. vanilla, 1 TB. milk, 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 c. peanut butter together.  Add flour mixture into this bowl.  Throw in 1 cup chocolate chips for fun.

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or so.

Eat one.
Eat another.
Get the boy's autograph.

3 comments:

Cassie said... said...

how fun is that! Cade loves to cook too. He's is so amazed when I "make it up" myself.

Kelli said...

Those do sound yummy. Good call on the baking soda. :)

Anonymous said...

Great job, Eli! I plan to make these as soon as possible. And yes, I want your autograph.
Love,
Bebe