Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Champion

The last 2 days were a whirlwind.  A break in the monotony.  A gift.

Eli and I traveled to NWA to attend his state speech meet.  We decided to go a night early so we could see Mom, Dad, and Mini.  Mom cooked us an awesome meal and then we let Eli practice his speech for us.

Since his speech wasn't til the next afternoon, it afforded us time to go see my college BFF Brittney.  Brittney has always understood me on a spiritual level...which is such a gift.  She has three beautiful girls...and it always makes me wonder if arranged marriages are maybe a good idea after all.

Eli then wowed the judges with his speech and he came home with a gold medal around his neck and a Shamrock shake in his hand.  {You can buy those green shakes at mickey d's and trust me, you should.}

When I fell into our big chair at the end of the day with my hubby, I just had a tear snake down my cheek.  When wondering what on earth could be the matter, I just told him that I was overwhelmed with the grace of God.

He has put His grace on display in our lives.  We are so unworthy.  And yet, He is lavish in His love towards us.

For your baby girl fix...I present you Lillian!