Monday, April 25, 2011

Toad Racers

The Toad Racers

When I moved to this town years ago, I was a little amused with the festival that this town holds.  Toad Suck?  I am sorry, did you say "Toad Suck Daze?"  I was used to Grape Festivals and spaghetti dinners, not Toad Suck Festivals and toad races.  Years later, I have decided that this festival is pretty fun!

Even the schools get on board and have toad races.  So, we went to the best place in town to get toads...Todd and Michelle's, and kidnapped a few prize winning jumpers.  Prize winning, because they all either got first or second place in their respective classes, and one placed second in the whole elementary!  So, in case you guys ever need additional income, Todd and Michelle, I would say you need to start selling those jumpers to the highest bidder!

After getting home from school, we decided to have our own little family race...letting Sebastian, Charlie, Billie Bob, and Billie Bob Junior show off their stuff.  Who knew the lil guys could be so much fun...til one landed on my arm while the camera was in my face.  It caught me off guard so badly that I screamed so hard that the boys looked at me as if I had gone insane.  "It's just a toad," said Cade.  I think after my bad day, my body was just trying to get rid of some toxins or something.  Apparently, screaming like a school girl was the best option.




 playing dead...


 and let the races begin!!!

 they know all the tricks to being good toad racers...blowing on them and pounding the concrete are tried and true methods


 Eli was so excited he wouldn't even take off his backpack.
Happy Toad Suck, everyone.
Whatever that means!

2 comments:

michelle said...

We are beaming with pride!

Cassie said... said...

It's like the best holiday EVER for boys!