Thursday, November 13, 2008

9 months


I want a new beginning. A beginning that never ends.


I thought about you a ton today, Kiley. I remembered the time you and I went to go hear the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. I felt so big taking you somewhere all by myself. It felt nice to sit amidst about 5000 other people and be a part of something bigger...worshiping the One that is so big.


I remembered the time that I was driving us kids back from the land and I hit a HUGE black snake. You never let me live it down that I backed that car into reverse and hit it again. (Umm, I think I repeated that process about 5 times.) What can I say, I hate snakes.


I remembered the time we all went and saw the new King Kong. Oh, my goodness! Could the movie be any more ridiculous or long? Every time I looked at you, I burst into laughter. I could never be around you if it meant I had to be quiet in a place that required it!


I remembered the days when you would pick me up for Bible Study and your music was blaring so loudly that I would have to scream so that you could hear me. I really think you may have been deaf!


I remembered your 5 or 6 year old birthday party at the skating rink. You had on the cutest twirly pink dress. You were surrounded by a thousand friends and you definitely knew you were the princess that day! I am pretty sure that my hair was permed so tight that I couldn't skate a straight line.


I remembered how when I wanted a taste of something in the kitchen, you would just grab up a huge pinchful with your thumb and fingers and shove it in my mouth.


I want a new beginning. A beginning that never ends.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Thinking about you today... one day we'll all have a new beginning.

In His Army said...

What a sweet post--it's so wonderful that you have such precious memories to hang on to.

"Precious memories, how they linger, how they ever flood my soul...In the stillness of the midnight
Precious, sacred scenes unfold..."

blessedpath said...

Praying that the Lord comforts your soul today. Sweet sisterhood memories!:) Thanks for sharing them with us.

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of little sisters. Aren't they great? The pain will lessen but the lonliness will always be there. God is sufficient! I'm praying for your whole family! Debbie E.

Lattegems said...

Thank you for sharing your memories. I wish you peace.

the Fosters said...

What sweet memories! She was just beautiful! Thinking of you often.