Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not already!

Ummm, I just spent 10 minutes in front of the mirror. Picking out GRAY hairs! Are you kidding me? I am barely in my thirties. Why is it that I only noticed my first shiny strand about a year ago and now they are trying to take over the brunette fort? If you notice them, you can pretend they are expensive and intentional BLOND highlights!

I don't want to start down the "color my hair road" quite yet. I am not at all against getting my hair colored, I just can think of 101 other ways to spend $101!! I think my Mom breaks open a box of "Ash Blond" and it covers her grays quite well. Never mind the fact that her hair is as dark as a gorgeous lump of coal. (Can coal be gorgeous? Well, it is in this case.) Well, in reality, she really doesn't have any gray hairs, because she is still only 39, you see.

I kind of have "blond envy" for the first time in my life. I mean, my sister is going to have shiny strands that look extremely natural. No fair. Of course, she already colors her hair in order to maintain the perfect shade of blond, but that is beside the point.

I think I am going to have to rethink my "pulling them all out" method or I am going to be bald in 3.2 months. In the meantime, maybe everyone will think I am wise. Don't the proverbs say that those with gray hair are the wise ones?

4 comments:

Boop said...

Wise is what I like to think. Don't pull them or you'll be bald!

Anonymous said...

I remember my mom covering her gray with blond hair color, and her hair is dark like mine. I'll have to keep that trick in mind. $101 to get your hair colored? Is that really how much it costs? I think I'll try the do-it-myself approach when my time comes. (Then go to the hairdresser and spend $101 to fix it!)

blessedpath said...

I use to have WHITE blonde hair most of my life. now it's mousey blah color and I can see my grey hairs too. So the blondes don't have it all too great either. I need a makeover!

Little Oak Table said...

You can start wearing hats. Brittney got the CUTEST one from Target.

Love the Tree! It is huge and wonderful!

I laughed as we pulled out our 8 year old tree, that is a hand-me-down from Shane's sister. She was gonna throw it out, and when we were newly married we were like, NNOOOOO, we'll take it off your hands.

It's like the leaning tower of Pizza (or however you say it)because it leans to the left. We just can't throw it away yet though, so I just seperate those limbs like a mad woman, try to bend it the other way to make it stand a bit straighter, and that's that. Ha!

Decorating a vintage tree adds to our experience I suppose!

I'm sitting here having a cup of coffee with Peppermint Mocha, wish you were here! Can't wait for our get together next week!

And I'm making Ina's pound cake.