Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Museum Field Trip!

I got to take Cade on his class's field trip to a museum. He really loved it...he soaks up getting to learn new things. I was so proud of him for listening attentively and being repsectful of the old artifacts and antiques. The first part of the trip was spent on learning about the Indians and the second part was devoted to learning about the Pioneer and Frontier days. Man, did they WORK back then! We have it so easy, we don't even have a clue!


The furs were a big hit! Especially the skunk one...you could put your hand inside of it like a puppet. Way too much fun for a bunch of 8 year olds!



While in the old cabin, one boy asked how on earth Santa was going to fit down the tiny chimney and fireplace!
An old loom.
The kids loved this part! It is an old fashioned potty! The boys were excited to know that the girls were the ones to have to do the dumping! (Figures.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wasn't Mini's "Sally" skunk was it???!!!!
Hey, I used to USE a "potty" like that when I was a kid...at grandma Pitts', Great Aunt,Lela's and Autha and Elfie's house...and yes, the men NEVER dumped it.
You are right about how easy we have it...but, things could take a very big turn for the worse if our economy does what they predict.
Debra

Anonymous said...

That potty pan was not foreign to me either. I used one at Herb's grandmother Stuart's and saw some at Great Aunt and Uncle's houses when I was little. What a great place to visit. Cade, you look so big: I guess that's because you are so big. I sure am proud of you.
Love, Bebe