Wednesday, February 4, 2009

How Gross.

God has such a sense of humor! Even the "mating calls" so to speak are downright hilarious. I took this pic last year on one of Cade's field trips. Yesterday, as I was reading an animal planet book to Eli, it gave this fact about the camel:

"When a male camel is interested in a female, it will hang a large, pink, inflated, bladderlike glob out if its mouth called a dulla. It looks as if the camel has a fleshy, pink water balloon hanging from its jaws. And evidently, the girls think it's attractive. Go figure."

Hmmm, I don't know if camels have 4 stomachs like cows and have to regurgitate their stuff in order to aid in the digestion process, or not, so I am not sure if the pic above is an attempt to digest its food or an attempt to pick up Mrs. Camelah, but, well, kinda makes you wonder, huh?

2 comments:

Cassie said... said...

thanks so much...I learn something new every day.

the Percifuls said...

Yucky!