Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Raisin Donuts and a 31 year old wanna-be

In an attempt to get my kids to chow down on their raisin english muffins this morning, I told them they were raisin donuts. Cade took a bite and said it tasted like a bagel. Eli took a bite and said it tasted like a bun. "What kind of bun?" He replied with "just a bun." He enjoyed his bun so much, he asked for seconds. Maybe he is growing. He is constantly hungry...even more than usual.

Tomorrow is the big day! The day I get to act like a foolish college girl. I am going to see David Cook in concert! It is such a dilemma to be 31 and prepare for this. "Do I wear heels and be cute or will my feet be angry with me?" "Should I take a nap prior to the 8 pm concert, since 9 pm is my bedtime?" "Will I be so tired in the morning that I can't get the kids off to school?" "Will all the college girls think I am a dope wanna-be for showing up?" "Will it be OK to sing 'watermelon, watermelon' since I don't know the words to many of his songs?" Whew, I am getting worked up over this! The good news is that we girls are eating Mexican prior to the big event. Or maybe the Mexican will be the big event. Priorities: Mexican or David Cook? I just don't know. I am 31 and I just don't know anymore. I wish Amelia was in town; she could at least tell me what to wear (and not to sing "watermelon, watermelon!!")

I will tell ya how it goes...

7 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Who are you going with? I feel ya, girl, with the whole 30-ish dilemma thing. :)

Kelli said...

Wear the heels and show those little teeny boppers that 30 is the new 20. Then come home and have Eric give you a nice long massage tomorrow. Have fun.

Little Oak Table said...

beauty is painful.

i might wear my black hooker boots.

and take some advil before.

hee hee.

i said hooker.

Samantha said...

It's okay... my mom is really excited, too. I mean, excited like she was at the beginning of the line for tickets on the first day excited.

It adds humor to my day :)

Kirby said...

Just don't let the excitement mix too much with the mexican! That could be a dangerous combination...if you know what I mean!

Anonymous said...

Where's the report on last night???
Can't wait to hear what you wore, and how was the concert.
Barb

Cassie said... said...

Love love love David Cook! My favotite song of his is Lie. Have a blast