Thursday, February 12, 2009

Peace!

I got the devotional, "Jesus Calling" for Christmas. I flipped ahead to day "February 13" to see if God was going to have anything special to say to me (year after year) on this (awful to me) day. He did!

"Peace be with you! Ever since the resurrection, this has been My watchword to those who yearn for Me. As you sit quietly, let My peace settle over you and enfold you in My loving Presence. To provide this radiant Peace for you, I died a criminal's death. Receive My Peace abundantly and thankfully. It is a rare treasure, dazzling in delicate beauty yet strong enough to withstand all onslaughts. Wear My Peace with regal dignity. It will keep your heart and mind close to Mine."

Lord, help my focus be on You tomorrow. Your sacrifice on the cross (criminal's death) not only grants me peace, but also hope in knowing my sister was redeemed and that I will see her again. Grant us some joy in your truth...this world is not all there is and you are even now preparing a place for us! Maranatha! Come, Lord Jesus!

Clinging to truth...
"Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ's love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture: They kill us in cold blood because they hate you. We're sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one. None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing--nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable--absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us." Romans 8:35-39 (The Message)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good! He knew in advance you needed that Word from Him. May you and your family REST in it tomorrow. DEBBIE E

Anonymous said...

How thankful I am for His awesome Peace!! Please know my thoughts, love & prayers are with you & your family as you walk through these days with our Father.

Kim said...

WOW! That is so awesome that God knew you'd get that book and He knew what day you needed to hear those words. They are perfect for that day. May His peace be with you all tomorrow. You're in my prayers. Love ya.

Heather said...

I love those verses....esp. the message version of the last one. I will be on my knees for you tomorrow, friend.

Samantha said...

I am praying for you today. I pray that you are surrounded with God's peace and that you find your comfort in Him; I ask that God's spiritual arms of love are wrapped around you in a way that you feel His love not only spiritually but also physically. I pray a hedge of God's protection around your family, that spirits of doubt and nagging and despair will have NO PLACE to go near you in Jesus' name.

And, off topic, but I love "To Kill a Mockingbird" as well!

The Moore's said...

The faithfulness of our Savior is incredible!

blessedpath said...

Thinking of you today! May you rest in His awesome love today.
Carol