Sunday, April 12, 2009

Don't Hurt Anyone in the Process...


For you Ted Dekker Groupies out there...his book, "BoneMan's Daughters" comes out on Tuesday. While in Little Rock last night, my friends obliged me and let me run in Lifeway Christian Stores to see if they had released his book yet. The guy was brave enough to say that he had boxes and boxes of them in the storeroom, waiting to be devoured by people like me. But then he said HE COULDN'T SELL ME ONE TIL TUESDAY. Something about a release date and all that. I almost punched him in the gut and told him not to get between me and Dekker, but then I remembered I was in a Christian store.


So...go get your copy, but please don't hurt anyone in the process.
disclaimer...I have heard that this book is his most violent to date...so if you are faint of heart, beware

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The countdown is on. I am not sure that guy in the Lifeway store realized how much in danger he was, but mercy prevailed!

Ray Sadler said...

Hi LuLu!

I saw your blog post and couldn't help but email. I talked to our store associate and he told me he remembered you and was a little scared (just kidding).

Anyway, I want to, but I can't for the previously stated "something about release date" reason, send you a copy. I would LOVE to, however, buy you a couple of copies if you'll let me. You interested?

Sincerely (and really),

Ray Sadler
eCommerce Manager
LifeWay Christian Stores
ray.sadler@lifeway.com

Ray Sadler said...

Becke, could you email from another email address. Your conwaycorp.net address doesn't seem to like me sending mail to it. It keeps bouncing back to me. :)